Sunday, October 30, 2005

How Do You Keep Love Alive?

Say maybe, you're going to be the one that saves me.

I was trying to do the english, but I got sidetracked with my thoughts, so I am blogging...
What risk we put in relationships .... How do we find ourselves relying on love to find us happiness? To keep that constant, happiness. And when it ends... what are we supposed to do with that sorrow? Are we to find another one to fill that empty space? What if there is no one. What if there is heartache when you find another. What if you find another and are attracted to the person, and when your with them it's fun and good but they're not like something... else. It's not, "Wow, it hurts to be without you" How do we cross that line, find ourself, from friends to... more. I know these relationships were supposed to be based on friends, but what if you can't just be friends with the person... then what will you do? What if it hurts to even talk to the person because you know it'll never be the same? What is life even for? (I mean... if you are not a Christian) Why do you go on each and every day and not have something to really look forward to? Is that what they base life on? Falling in love, then falling out of love, and in again... I mean, there's love, but love is... that love is, worldly. It's not meant to last. Do we try something out, but knowing that it's not what you want? Does it grow...? Is trying worth it, or are we to wait? I am. Tonight I am... not myself. I am pondering thoughts that I usually pick not too. It's hard to believe in love, such a thing when the relationships in your life are not based like that. It's hard to believe that there is someone out there... not for everybody, but someone you are meant to be with, for... life. Does love find itself again? Does it have to do with time? Are there times in your life when you're not meant to be with that person, but other times you are? Oh. I sound pathetic tonight, i'm sorry.
I am confused. At where I am and where I want to be. This is hard, really hard. and i'm finding it hard to ask God for help with this one, because i'm scared he'll give me the awnser I think he'll give.
Anyways. I am going to go now, because my thoughts in writing make me sound like a 13 year old.

I'm letting it go. Going to tear it apart, go back to the start. Pull the strings in my heart, little heart. Going to build it right back, to a castle not a shack. With a sun across my back. Are you ready?
Stay with your lady... just come back and save me. So slow with me, honey. Oh, how sweet, how sweet life could be. Time falls like snow, on the tip of my tongue, when it's gone.. it's gone. Where did you go? Did you tear it apart? Now you're back at the start. Now there is nothing here left, of my broken heart. So.
What does it mean to be this sad? When someone you love is supposed to keep you happy. How do you keep love alive?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke,
You don't sound like you are 13! I promise. I'm here if you need someone to talk to about this.And i have some opinions about this stuff myself.
Awaiting your next post
-alli

zachary said...

hey brooke.
I have actually Got to see you a fair bit the past little while. how have things been? I hope they have been right and I have to agree you do not sound like you are 13. Love is something that is on my heart, and my mind. earthly love fails so much ( I have learnt this first hand today) and you know I guess the only place I have to turn is to GOd... its really hard sometimes. e-mail me though... moshinforjesus@yahoo.com and i Promise I'll e-mail you back.