Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sing Again For Me That Long Forgotten Song.

There is no reason not to smile when you wake up on a Saturday morning, at whatever time you desire, and you open the curtains... and there's sunshine.
And you can just sit in your bed and listen to good music and write in your journal and just have time.... time. Time to do what you would desire to do with it. If anyone thinks about it, we waste so much time worrying about the next day and what comes that we waste yet another day doing that. I guess i'm just trying to relax myself with the thoughts of what next year brings, and well, my future, ha.
I know there is lots to do todays: work, finally finish that letter, chores, english essay, math, clean my room, do laundry, work on my alto parts for 2 choirs, a worship team and another group for church. But. That is okay. It's sunny outside and God just feels, so real. Todays.
How does this work, exactly? Why do we feel him when we are happy, but not so when we are alone. and miserable. We watched this video yesterday at a friend's youth group and there was a point brought up in it about how we ask "Where is God?" but instead we should ask "Where isen't he?" He's defnitely there. Everywhere. We just need to look a little harder...?
I am in love with a song. It's "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's and if you have not heard it already then you really should. There is nothing better. Well, almost. And Cat Power. And John Mayer. And the song below. This morning.
I realized I have not posted a entry up in quite some while, somewhat. I guess my thoughts have been kind of lost between the worrying i've done about school and other stuff, But Christmas will be here soon enough (one month) and i am loving the weather quite honestly. I think I am defnitely going to Sabines today to hang out, the journal and some coffee seem quite appealing. If you want to do something tonight, i work 5 through 9 but you can call me at work, although I know most of you are at guys provincials (I would like to know how they are doing!)
Anyways. Have a good day.

Tired but I ain't sleeping
Thinking about some sad affair
And why i should be leaving
Cause some of these thoughts only seem to take me out of here
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
Thinking about tomorrow tired form all the time I spare
On what I still believe in When none of my talk ever seems to get me anywhere
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
So long bye my friend so long
So long will it ever happen again
You know that I've been waiting for you
I've been creating for you so long
You know the light ain't fading from you
Nothing could save me from you
So long Tired but I ain't dreaming falling into solid air
And why I must be leaving or one of these days
I'm gonna pull out all my hair
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
These habits are so hard to break and they're so easy to make
So long, bye my friend so long so long will it ever happen again
You know that I've been waiting for you
I've been creating for you so long
You know the light ain't fading from you
Nothing could save me from you so long
(Beth Orton)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie..
So I'm still eating candy! yes, gotta love shelby's ideal meal. But I talked to my mom about going to Stoon Friday and she said that should work. So that shall be a lovely time. Have a good night dear.

zachary said...

Hey brooke.

I am glad that you are finally realizing that you should slow down. lol Enjoy your last year even though it is so hard sometimes... I mean yea. That will be me next year, and that is a scary thouhgt!. lol anyways, call me sometime :)