Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I've Made Myself The Fool, Who Is Falling For You...

3:00 tuesday. anticipating getting out of here once again.
snow outside. pretty....
more laundry to do, some english as well. but.
good day.
I love good days.
So far.

Am I loud and clear, or am i breaking up?
Am i still your charm, or am I just bad luck?
Are we getting closer, or are we just getting more lost?
I'll show you mine, if you show yours first.
Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse.
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words.

We live on front porches, and swing life away.
We'll get by just fine here with minimum wage.
If love is a labor i'll slave to the end
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

I've been here so long, I think it's time to move
The winter's too cold, and summer is over too soon
Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow

I've got some friends, some that i hardly know
But we've had some times, that I wouldn't trade for the world
We'll chase these days down with the talks of the places that we will go

We live on front porches and swing life away
We get by just fine here with minimum wage
If love is a labor i'll slave to the end
I won't cross these streets.... until you hold my hand.
(Rise Against)

No comments: