Friday, July 21, 2006

I didn't think, that when, I failed to keep my promise, that you would be so irreplaceable.
I always thought I took things too seriously. I didn't understand how much it meant to you. I thought that things would stay the same, and never change. That i'd wake to your words, and Sigur Ros at night would mean everything that is you to me. That when I saw your eyes, we could escape everything that was destroying me and it didn't even matter that we got lost. That the lights seeemed so much brighter, the coffee so much stronger and the words so much louder. That the future lied so far behind us, and when it didn't, it was etched into our minds as not a worry, because it corresponded. The cold didn't seem so cold, and the path not so far. The words kept getting stronger and enduring longer in my head, and then all that was then got placed behind... us. You were the only person that seemed to make me forget.
But when it was all said and done with, you taught me that the cold is as it feels, and nothing, not even you, can make it warmer. You taught me that even when I thought I could shell out a little trust, I can't. I know it all sounds bad, and it really did seem so at the time. But I don't know what I would do if it was still that way at this moment, becauuse, deep down, I believe that it was too good to be true.

No comments: