Sunday, July 16, 2006

the air was abundant, ready to take over, anticipating disaster. I crept across the silvery pavement that reflected rays of lights from those windows that let me look into what life was like, what being alive meant, what you had said. but I have always been on the outside.
my hands shaking, i touched the doorknob, but didn't go through with my action. instead, i turned around and stared across the sheets of rain towards the glow of the orange lamplight. tracing my steps over the glow, i climbed the fence and towards my destination. i heard your voice calling, but i kept walking. i kept walking. i heard your footsteps on the wet ground, coming closer and closer but it didn't matter anymore, i had reached it.
i turned around and met your eyes. and then it was like we had shook hands and said goodbye. you turned to go, but didn't move an inch. i turned away, and i am still walking.
I'm Sorry.

No comments: