Saturday, January 21, 2006

It Keeps Me Listening For Your Voice Around Each Corner...

The thing is, I've figured out a bit of my sleeping problems.
and it's... music.
It keeps me up at night! I convince myself that I can't sleep until I listen to this one song... and then theres another song... and another... and before I know it, the night is almost gone.
:).
I don't know how i've grown such a love to music, when I pretty much poscess(sp) no talent whatsoever at music. I mean I sing a bit... in some choirs, and groups and teams and stuff but it's not something that overpowers alot of my other priorities.
And i've almost convinced myself to go out and buy an new iPod when I know I shoudln't. The money needs to be for next year. Next year, next year, next year (sigh)
I like to say im a music fan, but so does everybody else. Does music move you enough that sometimes it steers emotions or memories that you've put away for so long? does it make the buisness and everything else going on in a room seem invisible? Does it bring out emotions that you wish you didn't feel? Does it bring out emotions you wish you did feel? Do you appreciate all kinds of music because simply that person is doing their own way of showing emotion through what they feel is theirs? hm... thats al i have to say. music... sigh...
Last night a couple of friends and I went to a show featuring some local and not so local bands: A Ghost Cried Murder (hardcore/ metal) sleepinggirl (indie/ accoustic rock) These Hands (experimental/ folk rock) and Julia. which was just her and her piano. overall, the show was really good and defnitely worth my $6, espescially these hands. they were aboustely phenuemonal... i don't think im going to get over that... im not much into metal, but a Ghost Cried Murder was good. i more appreciate then go all out hardcore, but it the guys were excited. ha... so that was nice. Julia was nice. She's really good. Sleepinggirl's music had me in, but not so much the singer. yay for Starbucks, though. I think I need to get another job...
Thinking about the career field I have chosen, and where it has me taking me I think about is it where I want to be? Id defnitely like to have to do something with music. But i wouldn't want to be a stylist. I believe musicians should have their own style, that's just a part of who they are and what there music represents. them. What i'd like to do more so then anything else is create my own magazine. tons of interviews. tons of reviews. and no not on any given celebrity, or a musician who every other magazine on the rack is featuring. Musicians that mean something, their music does. Music that moves me. Moves you. People that make a difference. People who are giving more of themself to others.... and book reviews. because im a dork. and a bit of fashion, because im also a dork for this sore reason, I stay up late loathing over clothes... i need to get over that one.
this has been a long blog. i haven't so in a long time... and the thing is it wasen't really much about anything...
anyways. have a good day okay?!

1 comment:

zachary said...

Hey brooke

Thanks for coming for the show. and putting up with multipul trips to star bucks and talking about some rediculas things! haha

anyways I know the feeling about listening to music at night cause that is totally how it works for me to. I always end up just saying one more. or'll i'll start writing a song and it won't stop until I finish it and that can be late. lol

anyways. I got one word! STARS! haha yea I am definitly excited to say the least. It should be a great night. Anyways. I hope your week is going good!