Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Night's Consquences

So.. this whole weekend and it's circumstances have left me only empty and lonely. I hate to say that i've given into these thoughts, but tis is true. Maybe it's even a little refreshing... maybe being happy or content constantly is not real... in fact, I think it these times that make up to the happiness. I think I rely too much on other people, to make me happy... and that is something I need to work on. I am also the sort of the person, that once everything is done and said with... once im "unbusy" I am left with too much time to think... you probably agree that I overthink things... and that is okay. I mean, there it is a good and a bad thing... I think before I say things, and usually don't let things come out that I would regret later... although that happens.. and dosen't it to everyone? But the negative aspect of it is that I should just enjoy life more and stop thinking about what is going to happen and .... and ....
So i thought that maybe I would explain a little of this weekend to you without being too open and using names and particular situations, because it might get me in trouble. But friday was a night that was probably a needed night in me and my friends lives. Things happened that contribuated negatively to our naive thinking... and that is an okay thing... we need that sometimes. I was also left feeling a little disapointed with a friend of mine... Her pledge was to be done with it all (im not going to go into "all) ... but of course, when you have alcohol in your system, you forget those kind of things, ha. A ex of mine also hooked up with my much younger best friend... which made things defnitely different.. but in light of it all, me and him had a good talk and resolved things between us that had been untouched for months... and that I am relieved. I also, gave up on something/ someone that I have been kind of hanging onto for a little while... I have realized that it is foolish to think that they are going to change... not that I do not offer hope or prayers but I think I needed to give that up to breathe freely again.
The last thing I leave you with is a new thing to obsess over. Damien Rice. His messy folk music has got me completely hooked, and I have listened to it day and night lately. His lyrics are inspirational but also very easy to relate too. That is something you need to listen too...
To each and all, Love you...
p.s the title of this blog came from a title of a poem my friend just sent me todays... so it his own.

No comments: