Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yesterday was one of those days, where instead of realizing everything had changed, it was suddenly realizing that everything had changed and i was stuck behind.

I like to grasp onto things. I can't say I favor change. Well last night I realized I hadn't held on enough.
Yesterday was the day I turned 18.
Yesterday was the day after the last day of my high school career.

I have this incredible feeling of homesickness and I haven't even left.

I have this homesickness for the smell of summer, and roof climbing and looking at stars and then running away when we got caught, and past relationships, and past circle of friends. Before things actually mattered. When school was all there was to complain about. Where we had endless amounts of freedom, and none at all at the same time. Those times when we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. Those times when we were.... together.

I have this homesickness and I haven't even left.
I have this homesickness and I never have before.

No comments: