Saturday, June 10, 2006

Friggin Griff Rhys offered me his beer.
ahah! No, tonight was spectacular! Graham, Zach and I went to see Bright Eyes (yes i know) at Prarie Land Park, and Griff Rhys (lead of Super Furry Animals) opened.

At first, we couldn't figure out why there was more people there. Griff Rhys, in company with his two guitars, and other endless amount of random (and i mean random) insturments, not to mention his two "birds", started the night out excellently! I was rather impressed! He was good. He brought about a couple of laughs as well.

Then... Bright Eyes. So, if you know me some, then you must know that Bright Eyes are... well, their my band. Not my band like I own them.. but those lyrics are locked tight within me. If I could meet any two musicians, first off, Conor Oberst... and then Jenny Lewis. (but Chan Marshall comes pretty close up there) He opened up with a new song that no one could recognize with a entourage of muscians... AND Maria Taylor (Azure Ray, etc) was his drummer! Gosh, you hear it on the cd and its that good but then you see it live. It's incredible. It was so weird to see someone that is on my walls, in my head (the music :) ), right up there in front of me. He left without singing "Lua" and I hardly cared, because the rest was oh so AMAZING. "Poison Oak" was one of my favorites.. and my "Lover I don't Have To Love" which was neat that he included that, because I didn't think he would. I loved when Maria and him sang together... or the song with the whole Bright Eyes band and Griff Rhys!

After, Zach was just like "Want to go walk around the back?" So us three did... and well, we eventually came across some windows. And what was inside.... was well, their tour bus but all of them were hanging out there. Aha, us 3 and some other girls stood by the door and eventually a member of security came out and started chatting. Since the girls were their first, he asked them whom woud they like to say. Well, they said Griff Rhys, but they thought he was just joking. Sure enough, the security guy and him... yes, a little drunk... or, uh, alot, show up at the door to talk! I could hardly understand what he was saying but he chatted for a while and gave out autographs. Then he offered us his beer... lol, after spilling it all over himself. But WOW: im so glad we didn't leave, ha we were major creeps and stayed out there in the rain for like 25 minutes or something. Oh well, it was worth it. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

No comments: