Sunday, February 26, 2006

Love Dosen't Live Here Anymore. Or...

Do I let hurt, caused by someone else, define who I am and my mood?
Let it go, let it go, let it go...
He said that sometimes we need to walk away from someone who is hurting us, because sometimes that just makes them aware of the consquences of what they did. But how do I walk away...? I still got time left.
I want to be free
I don't want grudges and unforgiven situations to weigh me down, and make this road even harder. I don't want here to be a place I no longer return when I leave.
I don't want to be fearful of a look, an action, a word. I don't want to sit in the dark because the light is not safe enough.
God, how is it that you forgive me every time I do wrong? And how is that I try to do this? I don't think i can. not without you... thank you for church this morning. thank you(!!!)
It just hurts more when I see them. Or when I see something that reminds me of them. Anyone, really.
Let go.
The strength in the consquence is more overwhelming then the reasoning for the consquence itself. God, help me to forgive...

Am I making something worthwile out this place?
Am I making something worhwile out of this chase?
I am displaced.
I am displaced.

it's just a simple line, I can still hear it all the time.
If i can just hold on tonight, I know that noone will survive
No one survives...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brooke!!
so, what you wrote about in this blog is totally what the message in my church was about yesterday! i have no idea what you're actually talking about, but i know God will be with you every step of the way and he'll help you forgive them. he wants you to be free, even more than you do! so don't worry brookie, it'll work out.
ok, love ya.
and hey...we should hang out soon.

zachary said...

well put.
We as people... it seems like when we find something we hold on to it quickly.

Sometimes letting going, forgiving, is the hardest thing to do.

Lets hang out again. I think I shall come out to you house somenight or something or you come here.. photographing night once it warms up!