Sunday, February 12, 2006

opps! i've lost myself. Under... society?

im convinced (at the moment) that our whole world is going to fall apart. Cali is superficial. But so is everywhere...?
there's something about this place that makes you feel really sorry for everybody. it's like a whole mass of population that is convincing themselves everyday that they have to be like every other person on the street. No indivituality needed. As long as you have the right bag, the right haircut, the right shoes, your IN. So... where is IN really? What makes trends? Why do we confine ourselves to trends, stereotypes when we can be free to be who we are. Does that really matter anymore? I'm convinced that it is full of a bunch of really beautiful, but terribly miserable (and well dressed) people.
But then I'm convinced that our world is full of really beautiful, but terribly miserable people.
But then let's get into me. I'm as guilty as anybody.
Sometimes it feel's really nice to blend in. Sometimes it feels really nice to be accepted. but is that the kind of acceptance we need? Why do we fear different?
Challenge.
Im sick of cycles. Im sick of everyday striving to be something that I will never ever be. And im sick of watching everbody else try to do it too.
it's too hard. Give yourself a break.

So. This is a cliched blog entry, but it's on my mind. really.
May your week be truely wonderful.

1 comment:

zachary said...

Brooke, I agree. I mean yea it seems that since I have a new bunyn hug and bag that I will feel better about my self but a week later I wont you know? But I just wanted to say that it is right... like what you said.

I am coming to your house on friday. Or something like that. OK I will see you then!