Wednesday, February 22, 2006

my intention tonight was to write a really good blog entry. but intentions decieve, and my mind has lost whatever it had been holding onto. And, I got caught up on the phone for uh, 2 hours? opps!
on the stereo: "Seal Beach EP" by the Album Leaf.

* Everything is too close for comfort right now. What is it about situations that define breathing room?
I honestly have just missed "home" It was an accomplished destination. I missed the idea of it, my bed, the opperunity to spend some time alone, the people that make it, a room with a computer alone to write blogs, my other journals, my books, my pictures; etc. I missed the security of it.
Airports are only good at bringing people together. They are not good at getting people to their places, and if they do, not on time. I had a rather interesting experience. We were supposed to fly out of LA yesterday morning, 11:40 AM. They got us through security (barely on time) and we boarded the plane. We sat there for about 20 minutes, and they said it'd be another 45 minutes or so. They worked for a while, and decided that we culd leave the plane but be back at 1 pm. So we did. We sat there for a long time, they moved us through into a different gate. Waitied there, they finally announced that they were cancelling the flight, and therefore we would miss our connection from Vancouver to Saskatoon. So, everyone panicked and rushed downstairs for bags, because we could not buy new tickets, without the baggage. So my parents waited in a ticket line for over a good hour. (Waiting brings lots of new friends. It really does) We went through security, and they annouced our flight would be leaving at 6:40 pm. Then we had to go through the trouble of finding out how exactly we would get from Vancouver to Saskatoon, because there were no flights going there for a good 3 days. So we hung around at the airport, and then they were late boarding our plane. Really late. So we got out of there late, and then rushed to a ticket booth where we got tickets to Edmonton (by chance there were no shows) but we had to run through the airport, and the plane was basically waiting for us. They were late getting our plane up there because there was something on the runway. We got into Edmonton, at about 2 am and then found out that the ticket booth didn't open until 4:30am. So we took residence in a bunch of "comfy" chairs beside another gazillion people who were sleeping. I tried to fall asleep with a bunnyhug over my head, and Sigur Ros on the iPod but i didn;t much succeed. I maybe got 15 minutes? Maybe. Anyways. We luckily got some cancelled tickets to Saskatoon, and took a flight in where we arrived home at about 9:30am. I slept all day until about 4:30pm. Im tired, to say the least.
And i got a bunch of math homework to do. I really do. Im going to go do that...

1 comment:

zachary said...

That sounds crazy brooke. I hope that maybe God showed you something through it. I am really excited to fly for the first time... I almost feel like a little kid in that sense lol.

it is good.

Ill see you tonight!