Monday, June 27, 2011

My lovely mother bought me "Quinoa 365" recipe book for my birthday. I have always been careful about eating (but enjoy a good piece of cheesecake) and although I have always been "active" my upcoming wedding is definitely a great way to stay more on track. With that being said, I have started at the Crossfit gym, running actively (Running a 21k in September) and also trying to eat more healthy.
As far as I have cooked with quinoa, is a couple salad recipes to spice up my lunches at my desk. This book is amazing- there is definitely so many things that sound delicious and a lot of them are gluten-free if you are using gluten-free/tapioca flour. Next up I want to try the pizza crust, but I decided to try the Cranberry Orange Loaf, with the substitute tapioca flour.

3 comments:

Bella Vita Photography said...

Brookie, where do you buy quinoa? Ive been looking!

brooke said...

Hey Kiks- you can buy quinoa at bulk food stores like the Bulk Barn or Nutters or health food stores like Dads. I am pretty sure even superstore would have it in its bulk...

Mitzi said...

My mother bought me this book, great recipes, and the photography is to die for! xoxo