Sunday, May 08, 2011

It's Finished...

So, with there being a timeline on finishing Jocelyn's room/ the "guest room" we opted for a safe colour (if you can call it that- but I still love it) and some cheap accessories for the room. Here are the before pictures...


Here is me painting the first day. About an hour in, I was bored already. Luckily, I have a wonderful fiancee who felt sorry for me and helped out...

Since I needed to be on a serious budget, but still needed wall art I looked to Dollarama and Michaels and here is what I found:

The results of my shopping trip... for under $30...

And here is the finished product..



It is nice to be finished. My timing for one of these kinds of projects wasen't so good, considering all that's left to do with the house but it worked out okay. The white may seem bland, but to me, not having a room in the house that's beige is something different for me!
I will note that a few pieces are missing from that room... a new stool for the vanity, a mirror and some new knobs for the vanity that never quite made it's way on it before I took pictures but she is all moved in and liking it, so I'm thankful.

No comments: