Thursday, November 23, 2006

We'll meet and say hello and greet eachother like we havent seen eachother in ages. We haven't, since...

You'll say I look good, and we''ll sit down at that counter where our reflection shines through its surface. I'll ask how work is going, and if that novel ever got anywhere near done.
You'll say "I'm looking for something better, and... no"
And i'll nod and look out the window and lose myself in thoughts that replace dreams because dreams seem to unrealistic these days to even greet upon.

You'll ask "How are you doing since... then? Are you holding up okay?"
I will look past your eyes to free from guilt and say "Yes, things have been going really good."
You'll look down at the floor and wipe your hands on your napkin. And i'll dab at my lipstick, wishing to erase and throw around time in order for it to be something like those thoughts that replace dreams.

We're both thinking the same thing.

No comments: